Hair Transplants in Beverly Hills
Once hair is lost, there is only one way to regrow it, and that is through hair transplantation. Hair transplantation via the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) method is the best way to restore the natural hairline.
What is a Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is the process by which hair follicles are harvested from the back of the head where the follicles are not susceptible to loss, and then placed in other locations where hair is thinning or balding. Hair is usually transplanted to the top of the scalp but hair can also be transplanted to your eyebrows and/or your beard region.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) technique: At our facility, we utilize the FUE technique to harvest hair follicles. This technique allows us to harvest individual hair follicles one at a time, which means the patient will not have a linear scar on the back of their head as seen in the Strip Grafting Technique. With this technique, if in the future someone wants to shave their hair, they are able to. The harvested hair will then be transplanted using a FUT technique. In this technique, each individual hair follicular unit is transplanted separately, therefore allowing for a natural-looking result. We can even re-create a hairline that is completely natural.
- Who is a good candidate for a hair transplant? Most men and women who are suffering from hair loss or thinning of the hair are candidates for hair restoration. However, a thorough medical history, family history, and examination will need to be done to find out the cause of hair loss and what the expected progression of hair loss is.
- Hair transplant benefits: Losing hair can decrease a person’s self-confidence. Approximately 50% of men and 1 out of 5 women suffer from hair loss and thinning. Hair transplantation can restore your natural hair, as well as improve confidence.
Hair Restoration Procedure
Your hair transplant involves three steps.
- Consultation: Prior to your hair transplant, Dr. Zandifar will meet with you and discuss your goals for the procedure. He will also outline a treatment plan and explain what to expect both before and after the procedure.
- Process: Hair follicles are cut out directly from the back of the head using tiny punch incisions. Then Dr. Zandifar and his team will make tiny holes in the area of your scalp, or eyebrows or beard, that is receiving the transplanted hair, and gently insert the follicles that were previously harvested.
- Recovery: You will have gauze or bandages covering the area that received the graft for a few days. The immediate recovery is only a few days. However, we ask you to be very gentle with the newly transplanted hair. You can wear a loosely fitted hat over the head to cover the area. We don’t want you to rub or scrub the transplanted hairs until they have taken hold in your scalp. After the procedure, you can typically resume normal hair washing after about 10 days.
Hair Transplant Before/After Gallery
A Commitment to Excellence
Hootan Zandifar, MD, FACS, Board Certified Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Will there be any scarring?
With the FUE technique, there should not be any visible scarring. Our FUT technique will recreate a completely natural hairline.
What should I expect after the procedure?
The first few months after hair transplantation, the transplanted hairs will likely not grow. This is completely normal. However, after a few months, the transplanted hairs will continue to grow and behave naturally. They can be cut, colored, and styled normally. The results will be permanent. In our center, we have a success rate of over 97% for hair restoration. In some cases, the transplanted hair will fall out 2-3 weeks after the procedure. This is normal and part of the process for the new hair growth.
Insurance typically does not cover the cost of hair transplants that are done for purely cosmetic reasons. The cost of hair transplantation varies depending on the amount of hair that is needed to obtain the desired results.
Why Choose Zandifar MD for Hair Transplants?
As a leader in hair transplants in Beverly Hills, our practice utilizes the latest in hair restoration technology, as well as the most experienced technicians to give you the best and most natural-looking results. Our facility is also a training site for other physicians interested in learning how to utilize robotics and AR in hair transplantation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Zandifar to discuss how hair transplantation can help you.
Or Contact Us Online