The high success rate of rhinoplasties or nose jobs has made cosmetic procedures just as popular among teens as adults. At Zandifar, MD, in Beverly Hills, California, Dr. Zandifar has extensive experience with teen rhinoplasty surgical procedures. Many teenagers are now electing to undergo rhinoplasties for various reasons, including medical reasons related to health and appearance through physical changes. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common cosmetic surgery procedures, and most patients come away with natural-looking results.
What is Teenage Rhinoplasty?
In the state of California, there is no specific age to get a nose job. However, teenagers under 18 are legally required to get consent from their parents or legal guardian before undergoing any cosmetic surgery procedures. People get cosmetic changes done for several reasons – the main being for health purposes or to improve the physical appearance of their facial features. The recommended age for a teenager to get a nose job is around 16 years or older because the nose has already stopped growing at this age. A rhinoplasty procedure before the nose grows can lead to deformity after the surgery.
What are Some of the Benefits of a Teenage Nose Job?
There are benefits and risks for any cosmetic procedure, but the following is specific to rhinoplasty surgery:
- Self-Esteem Boost: The appearance of the nose can affect teenagers who develop low-self esteem and can get a confidence boost from nose surgery since it improves their overall appearance through facial plastic surgery.
- Better Sleep: Clogged airways in the nose can cause snoring, which may lead to obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) or sleeping problems. Rhinoplasty improves air passage, eliminating airflow problems that can cause serious health issues.
- General body wellness and functioning: Rhinoplasty can also have therapeutic benefits. Since the nose is the primary conduit for oxygen, CO2, and other chemical systems, improving air passage through rhinoplasty can improve overall health and wellness.
Follow all post-procedure instructions to minimize the risks of rhinoplasty. Any surgical procedure can be risky, regardless of how small. Some of the potential risks of teenage rhinoplasty include the following:
- Difficulty breathing
- Discoloration in the skin
What are the Main Reasons People Get Nose Jobs?
People get rhinoplasty surgery with different intentions. Many nose job patients want to improve their appearance and seek confidence, like reducing the nose tip or eliminating a bump on the nose bridge. Nose jobs can improve their overall health, like better breathing from blocked nasal passages. Additionally, a nose job can help repair the trauma and deformities when a nose is broken or fractured.
What Will the Procedure Look Like?
Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most complicated cosmetic procedures. It often takes two to three hours and involves making one of two incisions—open or closed at various points of the nose, depending on your issue. During open rhinoplasty, the surgeon makes an incision between the nostril tissues and the inside of the nostrils. In closed, the incisions occur within the nostrils, and any extra cartilage needed to complete the procedure is obtained from the ear, rib, or nasal septum. All this is done under local or general anesthesia to numb the pain, and stitches are applied for faster healing.
The healing process may take 3 to 10 days before returning to normal, but full results can take months. Practice the following aftercare treatments for the best result:
- Apply cold towels for 10 to 20 minutes daily on the face
- Avoid too much sun exposure
- Sleep with pillows for the face to stay elevated
- Refrain from wearing sunglasses or glasses
- Don’t laugh, smile, or make facial expressions that require much muscle movement
Get Your Rhinoplasty Done By the Experienced Dr. Zandifar
Teenage rhinoplasty has some excellent benefits if executed well. Dr. Zandifar is a renowned facial plastic surgeon specializing in several cosmetic procedures for young patients and adults. Contact Dr. Zandifar to book an appointment in Beverly Hills, California.